2.8.11

By the Numbers . . .

My dad recently finished his 35th year of teaching and to celebrate his many years of service to the Lethbridge School District, he wrote a poem. I borrowed his idea here . . .

6176 - Number of kilometers traveled

After spending the first 10 days of our trip in Idaho and South Dakota we headed back to Canada for the second half.

90 - Estimated number of hours Ty spent in the car
468.8 - Number of white butterflies per square kilometre in Southern Saskatchewan **
Our first stop was in Creelman, Saskatchewan to visit the farm where Marc's mom grew up and where his Aunt Cheryl lives now. We stopped in at the Weyburn Hospital to visit Uncle Billy and Bette even gave him a hair cut!
3 - Number of points Julie and Lowell beat me by in Bocce
We played a game of Bocce where I started off strong and ended poorly while Julie and Lowell lulled us into a false sense of security with their horrible bocce skills then surprised us all with a win from behind in the last few rounds!

1 - Number my niece Maria turned when we were in Lethbridge.


Brad and Raquel had Maria's party at Popson Park in Lethbridge. It was the perfect spot to have a party! Lots of land for the little kids to roam on and a great picnic shelter for the adults!

Maria taking a swipe at her pinata. Her parents look really into it. ;)

Ty loved exploring the Old Man River valley. Thankfully no rattle snake bites!!

3 - Number of tiny pictures sent to me by my mom. They suit the tiny subjects! (Well not so tiny anymore, Maria did just turn 1!)



24th - The date that Pete started out his birthday in Saskatchewan and ended it in Lethbridge


10 - Number of onion rings on the MASSIVE tower that we ordered while visiting with Fraser and Kally.
And no, we did not finish it. As much as it pained Marc, we left the last 3 onion rings!

13 - Number of pictures taken on this trip with Ty's tongue hanging out. I will just give you some highlights . . .





Priceless . . . Ty pooping in the bathtub then doing a faceplant in it as I tried to keep him out of it while cleaning it up. Julie and I have never laughed so hard!
**Highly educated estimate

1 comment:

Lowell & Julie said...

Super fun post!
That 'priceless' moment with Ty still makes me burst into giggles. It is forever etched into my brain!! :)