8.4.07

Happy Easter one and all!

We had a quick weekend away to Eldoret this weekend for grocery shopping. We stayed at a great hotel with a swimming pool and after a CRAZY matatu ride back (Marc will write more about this later) we were very happy to be back in Kapsowar for Easter Sunday.

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday today. We went to church in the morning and then went to the Larson’s (fellow doctor and family) for Easter diner with the Zierch’s (a family from Australia working on Marakwet literacy here).

We had lamb and mint sauce, oh so good, with rosemary and thyme (sorry parsely and sage you were missed!) and wonderful homemade bread and vegetables. I brought trifle for dessert that I made up. (I’m sure it’s been done before but I made a white cake, vanilla pudding, dream whip and layered it with chunks of pineapple and toasted coconut.)

After dinner we had an egg hunt with the kids outside. Here are some pictures:
After dinner play session

Marc getting the egg he hid for Chara in the middle of a very large cactus


Marc and Julianna with the egg she hid for him in the middle of the cactus.
(Wonder where she got that idea?)

Gideon with his prize!


After Easter dinner, Marc did some gardening under this beautiful rainbow.


Happy Easter from Kapsowar!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Loved that picture of the two of you. You both look so happy. It is very obvious this is a very positive experience for you. I love the rainbow pictures. I must admit when I saw the picture of the two of you it made me realize how much I miss you. I can hardly wait for my trip.

Love Mom/Cherri

Mama Bear said...

Seeing Marc with that cute little girl doing the egg hunt made me think of something...

Shelley's thought: When are YOU guys going to have kids?

*cough cough...hack*
(sorry...hairball)

Happy easter from the cheeky bunny!

Lowell & Julie said...

Happy Easter to you guys too! I loooove pictures with Marcy with kiddies. They're always so cute!

We missed you guys at our Easter egg hunt today, but it sounds like you had a fun one of yourn own:)

Jenessa Fowke said...

o.k are you guys on vacation or actually working there? It looks so beautiful and you are obviously having alot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Checking your blog with those great rainbow pictures topped off our Easter Sunday. Fun pictures of the kids, and you two as well (sans sunscreen we see :( ) Love and prayers, Dad + Mom

Katherine said...

Good to see the good Easter times. It is so great to see you and what your lives are like there. We had a great Easter building a SNOWMAN! The pictures will be posted soon.

Anonymous said...

I love Easter Egg hunts - good for you guys! We haven't had enough sunshine for a rainbow out here lately - so I am a little jealous of that - however - we still have snow, and I would be lying if I said I didn't like looking out the window at the white. Looks like you are having lot's of fun!

shareen said...

sheesh Mum, lay off the sunscreen comments...they live in AFRICA, it's hot and sunny! :) You guys look very happy, it looks like a great time.