11.7.10

Idaho to Yellowstone

Marc and I are sitting in a Super 8 kitchen in West Yellowstone beside our campsite right now watching the World Cup soccer game. The last two days have involved a lot of driving and a lot of scenery! Ty has been an amazing traveler so far and has really only cried for maybe an hour of our entire 24 hours of driving. Yesterday he did cry all of the way out of Yellowstone, I think in protest of sitting in his carseat for so long. We really can't complain though!

We left Idaho on Friday after a fun day of floating down the Boise River.


My dad took Ty while we floated down the river. Here he is enjoying the backpack that my Grannie and Gramps bought for us.

Ty discovering beer for the first time. Uh oh!
He is getting so smiley and cute!!

My cousin Erin kept asking her mom if she thought the hedge would hold her if she laid on it and Tammy repeatedly said no. She then asked Marc and he said he thought it would, wasting no time at all she vaulted the deck bench and laid on the hedge. It did hold her without even a dent!

With Grauntie Tammy
And Great Grannie
My Gramps is recovering from a stroke a couple of weeks ago; here he and my dad are walking to get the mail. After a great visit Marc and I headed out across Idaho into the middle of nowhere. We stopped at Craters of the Moon for a walk.

Marc says he feels a new level of respect from Americans when he wears this hat... I told him it is because Bret Michaels just won the celebrity apprentice.

We made it to Yellowstone in a day and stopped at this lovely camp spot with free wifi!

Yesterday we spent the day driving and hiking around Yellowstone. Here is a preview of the great sites!











4 comments:

shareen said...

oh wow, Ty is just too cute! I love the picture of him and your dad, Kylie! And what a blessing that he's such a good traveller. :) Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Mama Bear said...

TY IS ADORABLE!! What a great trip..i've always wanted to see Yellowstone!

AF said...

i noticed that Ty is looking much less surprised in this latest set of pictures. He looks as if he may have moved onto pondering.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! My favorites are those of Ty(I'm a fan!), and also of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Super to tour there with you 3 after the "preview"!
Love, Dad G. + Mom