29.5.11

It's Race Day!

I completed my first 10k on Sunday! I never would have believed 10 years ago that I would be a runner! Okay maybe not quite a runner but perhaps a runner in training.

Crossing the finish line. The times above the finish line are not my correct time, nor is the time published online. hee hee On our way to the start line, I handed my friend Ang my bag of pins and race tracker for my shoe so I could put my ipod arm band on. When she gave handed them back to me she actually gave me hers. Thankfully she is a much better runner than me and my time looks great online!! :)
Yeah, I'm done!! I was so happy to see Marc and Ty at the finish line. Marc was very supportive of me doing this race and was ALWAYS willing to take Ty so I could go for a run. Thanks Marc!!! Little did he know that I was actually going for breve lattes.
Relaxing after the race
Ty showing he is so proud of his mama he is playing her like a drum. He also used these sticks to taser a man relaxing with his grandchildren.
Well I cannot really say that I enjoy running, but I do enjoy being done running and having to replace the calories lost with pizza and oreo ice cream sandwiches on the deck with our friends!!

5 comments:

shareen said...

Yay, Kylie!! Also, I don't love running either...I, like you, love what it allows me to eat.

Lowell & Julie said...

Oh Kylie, my heart is swollen with pride! A 10km...go big or go home hey? CONGRATULATIONS!!!
PS- Ty is huge!

emsmom said...

Great job Kylie! I'm with you, I don't really enjoy running, but I do like the day of the race and the satisfaction of completing it.

Erin said...

Well done Kylie!!

Katherine said...

I'm so impressed Kylie.