17.3.14

Girls Weekend

While Marc enjoyed a boys weekend here in Chilliwack, I enjoyed a lovely weekend in Vegas with Marc's sisters.  We packed quite a lot into one weekend and had a great time doing it!
The first morning we were there we headed to a breakfast place called "eat" and had a yummy breakfast.  And eat is exactly what we did a lot of in Vegas!!!
We walked down the "old strip".  I was in Vegas when I was a teenager and this is the Vegas that I remembered.  


Later that night we got all dressed up for Celine!! and headed to the restaurant Mesa for dinner.  Our dinner was amazing!  Lobster tacos (shared) and amazing salmon for me!  Mmmmm
I bought Julie a cocktail for the auntie gender reveal of our baby. (Which reminds me that I am not sure if I have mentioned that we are having a baby in June yet on this blog.  Well we are having a baby in June and it's a ?????)


Then off to Celine. Julie has waited years and experienced two postponements of Celine so was SO happy to see her dream of seeing her come to fruition.   Julie has a much more detailed and fun recap of the concert here.  (Yes this is lazy blogging but trust me hers is much better and exponentially more exciting than mine would be with LOTS of the same pictures.)  



Taking selfies at Celine (say that 3 times fast)





The one and only pic of Celine, illegally shot by she who shall remain nameless in the last minutes of the concert.

Being in Vegas we decided to do as one should in Vegas and gamble.  (However we all gambled very small amounts compared to what most "when in Vegasers" do.  BUT we all came out ahead at the end of the night!!!   (well except Julie who pooled all our change at the end and lost all $4 of it.)

Julie's winnings.  Boo!

Shareen had quite a lucky streak, this is the beginning of it!!

 




The next day we headed out for a walk down the strip, stopping at shops and hotels along the way.
Julie and Carlynne have a very sad face picture taken in front of the Celine pic last year as they made it to Vegas but Celine was sick and could not perform.  This year they were very happy after having seen the concert!




The Wynn hotel:






Glass roof at the Bellagio:

A wonderful time away!  Thank you so much to Marc for taking care of the boys and doing such a great job of it!!

This past weekend we had Ty's birthday party (pictures to come soon) and tomorrow I get to experience my own Celine Dion.  Marc and I are going to the Veronica Mars movie!  After 7 long years of waiting and maybe a little obsessing I get to see the return of my favourite show!  CANNOT WAIT!!!

No comments: