25.9.06

You inspired me Katherine!

I was looking at Katherine's blog yesterday and saw that she had posted pictures of her house. It gave the idea to post before and after pictures of our house. When we moved into our place in Chilliwack the majority of the rooms were painted pink with what was maybe? a very popular sponging technique in the mid 1990's. I have painted most of the rooms in the house (including two bathrooms) and thought I would post before and after pictures.

Here is the living room before and after:








Here is the kitchen before and after:





And our bedroom:





I won't bore you with bathroom pictures. It should also be noted that for Niko's development we have kept the basement pink.

Also, can you guess what this is a picture of? If you look very closely at the pictures above you will find a hint.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OK I give....what's that last picture of? (You can email me personally as to not ruin the suspence for your other viewers).
Julie :)

Unknown said...

Oh oh oh...is it the fish tank??!?!
J

c-haynes said...

I see a guitar reflected in a fish tank.

shareen said...

Julie and I were talking on the phone last night and we decided that it was indeed the fishtank. However, you may have ruined some of the suspense in the fact that when you click on the picture to get a closer look the name of the picture comes up on the window as "fishtank.jpg"...sneaky sneaky sneaky. And you've done so much work on you're place, it really doesn't resemble the old place at all...you're a painting pro now!

tyrnandkelsey said...

Wow, nice work guys.

As a renter I've never been inspired to do anything like that to my place. Maybe that will change when I get married (WAAAA!!!!).

m+K said...

Hee hee I didn't realize that you would see my title. However, do you see what is reflected in the fish tank and no it is not a guitar, Kylie

Katherine said...

Its funny because I was about to comment what everyone else already commented. Does that mean I'm not original? I love the makeover of your place. Its gorgeous. I don't know what's reflected. Is it your new snapping turtle?
ps. I like your new profile picture.

Katherine said...

pps Ty! Congratulations!!! I heard you and Kelsey got engaged. Word sure spreads fast doesn't it?

m+K said...

and speaking of weddings katherine, you can see multiple wedding shots on our fridge including you and chris by the freezer handle. you are now irrevocably associated in my mind with shredded cheese, perogies, bacon and bagels... oh and ice cream!

m+K said...

You're right! It is a blue heron.:) Actually just kidding you are right but it is Marc not me holding the camera. Good job you win! Kylie