5.10.06

What have I gotten myself into???

So after a whirlwind day car shopping in Vancouver we have purchased a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. The day got off to a crazy start as we had been on the highway all of 30 seconds when the Chevette lost power and refused to go any faster than 60 km/hour. After a quick rental car (a Toyota Yaris, fun fun fun) we were back on the road. We looked at about 8 4runners and decided on this puppy here.



It is about the same size as the Volvo and Marc and I can also have an argument over whether this one is green or blue. I think this one is green, he thinks its blue. I thought the Volvo was blue. He says it's green. Some things never change!

When we decided to buy a 4x4 I didn't realize the whole new world of Chilliwack that would be opened up to us. We spent the day today exploring some back country trails and looking for hiking trails to two lakes on the map. We didn't find the trails but we did have some fun back country bush whacking. What I also didn't realize was that Marc now has another toy that he can plummet down hills at high rates of speed. When he is on his bike at least I don't have to experience the craziness. With this new car I can get in on the plummeting. I am not so sure how I feel about this yet. Here are some more pictures of our adventure today.

Marc bonding with his new car.



A rock with moss so thick it was like a bed!

Here is a funny picture from today. I really did not want my picture taken because I wanted to take a picture of Marc but he wanted to take mine first. I was not too happy.


One positive thing about having a 4x4 is that we can get places like Sloquet Creek Hot Springs. After our thwarted trip to Victoria and Sooke last weekend we decided to go to some hot springs with our friends Shawn and Karyn. What an amazing area, it was truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. At night when there were several dozen tea lights lit it was absolutely gorgeous. None of these pictures do it justice but I will give you a little peek. The first night we had the whole place to ourselves. We also brought along Karyn's sisters Weimaraner puppy. Bella and Niko sure kept eachother company!!







It's Senator Bellatrine!

They really were nice to eachother I promise!

13 comments:

m+K said...

i dont actually think the 4runner is blue... kylie just wrote that b/c she was embarassed that she thought the volvo was blue. oh, and she didnt mention that she drove up a steep rocky embankment in 4low.
marc

shareen said...

didn't kylie write that SHE thought the 4runner was blue and YOU thought it was green, just like the volvo? that's what I got, anyways...I could be having deja vu from the volvo days though (that one was definitely green--sorry Kylie). Now you can rip up and down that mountain biking trail in the 4x4! And Niko has quite a huge place in the back...nice work. Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Some photo editing may be needed for hotspring picture # 3.

m+K said...

No worries, it was all bathing suits all the time at this hot springs experience! honest.

Unknown said...

I dig the new wheels! That kind of vehicle makes me think of Fraser (he has a vehicle that looks sort of similar no?)
Julie

Mama Bear said...

nice truck, guys! I used to have a toyota 4runner. It was a '97 model and red. It did me well on my cross prairie trip i did years back but when the price of gas started going up, i decided to sell it and do the jetta thing.
Some days i miss my truck *insert single tear here*

megan said...

does it have a name yet?

m+K said...

yes, we have taken to calling it "the 4runner" or in moments of high spirits and hyperbole "the truck"

michaelia and jason said...

Nice truck! Those hotsprings looked really "cool"!

Sparks said...

Marc. Kylie. Welcome to the Toyota truck family! Are you driving it out here next month?

m+K said...

yes siree bob or should i say fraser? mmmm is this marc or kylie?¿?? hey how did i make an upside down question mark?

Sparks said...

Ok, I know that it's Kylie because Marc knows how to make an upside down question mark.

Anonymous said...

Great decision to get a 4x4!
There are two more hotsprings to check out around Harrison.
St. Agnes Wells about 45 minutes north of Sloquet and also Clear Creek Hotsprings on the Harrison East Forestry Service Road. Sloquet is definitely the best one though.
Lots of good camping sites on the east side of Harrison on the edge of the water. Just don't go on a long weekend.

-Arie