17.11.06

Bridgin' it!

Marc and I are back from our visit to Lethbridge. We had a wonderful time visiting with friends and family and attending Arie and Leanna's wedding! Although we did see too much of Fraser and I am sick of him now. ;) As mentioned before, our camera is in the shop so here are some great pictures from the Marc's parents camera. Sorry mom, dad, Brad/Raquel that we have no pictures of you. We loved seeing you though!

We had some crazy drives both to Lethbridge and back to Chilliwack. On the way there we hit snow at around Bragg Creek and it turned very rapidly into extreme white out conditions (it was dark by this time) and we were leading a long convoy of cars going about 30 km/hr wondering where the road was. We saw about 50 semis all pulled over on the side and a snowplow and a semi accident. One confident motorist decided that they could pass us in this crazy weather at 60km/hr and lead the convoy. They quickly realized that it was not fun to be the leader and they pulled over and got back behind us. A very quick stretch of highway (20 minutes on a good day) took us about two hours. We were sure happy to pull into Lethbridge.

On the way back I (Marc was sleeping) saw 7 blown over semi's in the ditch on the stretch between Fort McCleod and Nanton. Crazy wind!

Here are some pictures from our trip:




It may be difficult to tell from the calm look on my face in this picture but Lowell was tickling me and he tickled me so hard that my button popped off the back of my jeans!

Here we are recording the rap that Julie wrote for Lowell's birthday. (November 13) Marc and I provided the essential boom boom ch's in the background. (How do you spell boom boom ch?) You can listen to the rap and see more pictures of our trip here .




Lastly because of all the time I have on my hands ;) I am now contributing to a blog about stay at home wives. I love having a sugar daddy!

5 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Woohooo! What fun the weekend was. Glad you got home safe! Were you able to get the button back on your pants?
J :)
PS- Did you email that punk Dan who you have for Christmas?? Hee hee

Robin said...

Hey y'all. This comment is not really related to the above post, but oh well. I noticed "the brian jonestown massacre" on your list of favourite band, and I just have to say: "Respect." They are one of my faves as well. Great band.

That's all. Oh, and if you're ever in Lethbridge and find an idle evening, feel free to give us a call...we'd love to have you over for a meal or the like. We're in the book.

Sparks said...

I felt that one.

m+K said...

Oh Fraser I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. Marc just told me not to give in and say tough beans mr. teaser but so I am half repentant and half gleeful. Kylie

Sparks said...

The only half'n half I like goes in my morning coffee.