3.11.06

This New Leaf

Marc and I took our camera into Future Shop yesterday to see what was wrong with it. It kept saying e18 when we turned it on. Future Shop has to send it away and it will be between 3-6 weeks before it is fixed. GRRR. You will have to settle for me (or Marc of course)just writing with minimal pictures. We are going home to Lethbridge next week for Arie and Lianna's wedding and for the first time since we moved here we are driving back. I almost can't believe that we haven't driven home for two years. We have gone home quite a bit but that has been thanks to Westjet. We are taking the 4Runner so it is in the shop today getting a safety check and new tires!

For all those of you who think I am only listening to Matt Good lately well you are wrong! (I don't know where you would get that idea from!) I have also re-discovered Dale Nikkel. Marc's old roomate Ty was the drummer for Dale's band and we had Dale's cd "Still Learning Tricks" but gave it away to someone we thought would really enjoy it and have not replaced it. About a month ago I decided to order it and have been quite enjoying it since. One of the songs particularly struck me listening to the cd 3 years later. I would like to share the lyrics with you:


This New Leaf

the great divide doesn't look so wide today maybe
I'm seeing a little bit of light
from over the mountain
it's such a pretty sight
can't say I've felt such peace in a long time
and the tightrope towards the hope that I've been walking
seems to be fading
I've done my service to the religious circus
tradingthese narrow views for something new
celebrate with me the other side of this
new leaf I'm turning freedom come on in
take your seat celebrate with me the day
that I could be
truly free

the great divide doesn't look so wide today
the stream from the mountain flowed
so fresh
I drank from the fountain
so cold in my chest finally founds what it means
to rest the great divide doesn't look so wide today
I'm no longer wandering on my own
and the old mountain stones
it's like they're paved
with gold
no longer with my old life in tow
and the tightrope towards the hope that I've been walking
seems to be fading
I've done my service to
my emotional circus trading
these narrow views for
something new

5 comments:

Stephen and Amber said...

Hey,
Just read your comment on my blog and wanted to tell you that we will be home for Christmas. We are actually hoping for about a 2 week spread if we can do it. Are you? Hope so.

I have not tried matthew good band but I just might now give them a try.

m+K said...

We are coming home the 18th and will be back until the 28th or 29th. Kylie

Joanna said...

i love it - those are great lyrics. Is that the band that correy was in also?

m+K said...

no, that was plainsay.

shareen said...

i'm so sad that everyone's going to be home except us. pooey. stupid jobs, and basketball, and bills, and living on an island, and zits (or maybe living in a place that makes me break out because I'm not used to all the moisture), and stupid stupid stupid