18.7.07

Homesick

Warning: Kylie is in a pessimistic mood and wants to go home. This will not be a happy go-lucky post. (I taught my students today the difference between pessimism and optimism the whole time thinking about how pessimistic I feel right now.) It is freakin' cold (so cold that most nights I am wearing long underwear to bed) and cloudy here right now and seeing pictures of people laying on the beach and hearing about how hot it is makes me really want to go home and go to places like this:

And hang out with these people:


And enjoy the wind in my face whilst sitting on this:


Playing with this guy:

While eating one of these:

And then going home to make one of these:
And most of all I REALLY want to go home to attend the wedding of these two: Alas it is not in the cards for us. :(
Don't worry I am not in the depths of despair, just a little homesick. I am excited that my dad is coming next week and if I were not here I would not be able to experience beautiful sunsets like the ones we saw in Uganda and have great upcoming travel experiences so all is not lost! (Edited to add: I am now back from work and stopped off at the local convenience shop and bought A LOT of chocolate. I have had three pieces now and feel much better. I just needed an aphrodisiac I guess.) ;)

5 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

If it makes you feel any better, home is sick without you too. Things aren't quite the same without you guys around!

Mama Bear said...

Just think of all the cool stories you'll have to tell us once you DO get home!

Anonymous said...

Here is my trick for being home sick. I developed it while at the fire tower for the first season and it served me very well for the second too.
When you are feeling this way, a feeling of wanting to be some other place than where you are, take a deep breath and consciously think about all of the blessings in your life and how they have brought you to this moment. Then think of all of the suffering that millions of people on this planet experience everyday of their lives. Realize that there are literally millions of people on the Earth that would trade places with you in a heart beat. One heart beat! You can then see that you may be home sick, but at least you have a shelter, food, friends and family who love and care for you, and all of the other blessings you have neglected to attend to (such as breath, sight, literacy, etc).
Now, you can be home sick, but don't let that ruin your mood or your day. In fact, use those feelings to inspire you to continue the great work you are doing.

On a another note, I'm off to Tryn's wedding within hours!

~Jarrid

Anonymous said...

pal, home sick sucks. but you guys are super brave and adventerous. you rock!! don't forget it.

love pam

megan said...

Hey evil twin. Good twin misses you too, and your pies. Looking forward to seeing more posts about your adventures... and seeing you too!