21.4.10

April Shower!

As mentioned in my previous post, I had a shower when Shareen and Marc's parents were here. I had written that then Marc started making fun of me - saying it sounded like I had not bathed since Ty was born. Don't worry I definitely have and also had a baby shower too!

Here are the lovely shower hosts, Ang and Melissa.

We played lots of fun games including taste the baby food (Gross!) and diaper the inanimate while blindfolded. Shareen chose the monkey for our team so we came in last. Thankfully our children don't have tails, it sure gets in the way of the diaper!


We also played nursery rhyme charades. Who knew that Rub a dub three men in a tub ended with . . .

And how do you think they got there?

The butcher, the baker,
The candlestick-maker,
They all jumped out of a rotten potato,

'Twas enough to make a man stare.

Thankfully everyone got it with just the first three lines. mmmm Nummy food

When we asked Bette what her favourite part of the weekend was, she said aside from meeting Ty it was meeting all our friends and putting names to faces. We have made a lovely group of friends here and I am especially grateful for all the girlfriends I have made and all the maternal advice they can give me!



My friend Launa had a baby 10 days after us, here is the first of many pictures of Ty and Quinton.

Ty is already working on his silly picture faces.

Thanks everyone for a lovely shower and all the wonderful gifts! We appreciate them so much. What great friends we have!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun memories of such a great brunch welcome for Ty. Yes, you do have great friends and it surely was awesome to meet so many of them! Wonderful timing for Shaeren and I to be able to be there with you guys. Love Mum/Nana :)

shareen said...

Wow, I don't remember anyone named Shaeren being there...do you have any pictures of her, Kylie? I think you're losing it Mum...

Keep up with the showering, Kylie...we're all so proud!

AGoertzen said...

Kylie, I love the pictures of ty and quinton! so awesome.
Ang