16.2.06

I took Niko and my friend Levi for a rip on Vedder Mountain today. We pedaled up in just under an hour and encountered snow in the last 100m or so. It was Niko's first real bike ride. He did all the stunts and a couple of the drops and every time i looked back he was galloping behind me (except when he was waiting for Levi and blocking the trail). He's way too young to fully exercise so he only got one run. I won't take him biking very often until he's older, but it sure is fun. We'll see how he's feeling tomorrow.
Levi did fantastic as well. I think it was his fourth time mountain biking ever. He did some sweet skinnies and a few nice drops. That is pretty amazing considering he is 11 years old.
For those of you wondering, "Is it normal to bike up a canadian mountain in february?" I will only say that the Fraser Valley is a pretty sweet place to live. We had a cold snap this week. I think it actually got below zero overnight.

In other news the guy who was shot by Dick Cheney had a heart attack. This incident has generated alot of angst over Dick's association with the NRA. However, in my reading, very little has been mentioned about Dick's association with Halliburton, the mega corporation that he left in order to become VP. I won't belabour the evils of Halliburton as they are well known and can be further elucidated with a simple google search, but i will say that while accidentally shooting your buddy does not make you a bad guy, spearheading a propagandized war with little regard for human life and then reaping a healthy profit from the cleanup definitely does. Americans might be waking up, but they're 2 (or 6) years too late.

In happier news, I have recently discovered that my wife is in fact a ninja.
marc

No comments: