1.12.06

What?????????

So I was just going to find a picture online of an ad I just saw in a magazine. (As you can figure from the long explanation following I could not find the ad.) Sadly it is for tampons and the ad shows a split image of a girl. In the first image she apparently is not wearing tampax pearl and she's laying on a lawnchair in the sun with white white skin, a pathetic fan in her hand and a peasly little drink at her side. In the next image she has discovered the "upgrade" to pearl tampons and it has changed her life!!! She is tanned, she has a hot cabana boy fanning her with a palm some sort of fun daquiri and a little dog. Wow who knew what tampons could do for you? As mentioned before I could not find the ad but I did go to the link listed on the ad in my search and found that my mouse turns into a tampon on the site. How freaky is this??? I am not sure what I find more disturbing - my mouse as a tampon or the claims that tampons are making about how this wonderful pearl upgrade will improve my life. EEK!

11 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

I wish the cursor on MY computer would turn into a tampon.

Anonymous said...

wow julie, permanent tampon icon...scary. Anyways, Kylie, I tried to sign you up for a free tampon "upgrade" but sadly it's only available to our friends south of the border (hee hee, I just made a joke and I didn't even mean to), I mean in the States...sign up, Amber, and let us know how they are--WE WANT TAMPON FEEDBACK!!

Anonymous said...

a tampon cursor?? K, that's a little weird. I can't believe that the tampon upgrade won't improve life. I just don't believe it :P

chris.birrell said...

Sign me up. I'm going to upgrade today.

megan said...

Guys... guys... it's what's on the INSIDE that counts!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm no authority on Tampons or Pads really, but I know several girls that have done away with such nasty things for the silicon cup. A fine way of keeping things in their place and absolutely reuseable. Just rinse when necessary. This nifty thing has actually changed the lives of those I know who use them. It's also perfect for the environmentally conscious women.

That's all I have to say on the subject that I can't relate to whatsoever.

JPK

Stephen and Amber said...

super funny. It kind of makes me want to try it. I think I just might sign up!

Stephen and Amber said...

I did it. I'll let you know in 6-8 weeks

m+K said...

Amber hee hee. I love it! You will have to let me know. :) Kylie

Katherine said...

While we're on the subject. Its true JPK! (I don't even know if that's a real post or an advertisement) I just got one last week and it has revolutionized my life. REVOLUTIONIZED!!!! I'm telling you, it is the future right here today.

m+K said...

i can assure you that JPK is a living breathing environmentally concious non corporately identified person with no vagina to speak of. you may remember him kissing jess rumer at our wedding. (oh the scandal!)

interesting conversion of thoughts ideas and feminine hygeine!