12.12.06

How do you know your links? Part One

I am always curious when I browse through people's links that they have on their blogs and I always wonder how they know eachother. Are they cyberfriends? Did they grow up together? University friends? So for all of you who are curious about our links, here you go....

Tai Kuazhang le ba is our friend Aaron. Marc met Aaron in his last year of university in Lethbridge through our friend Vicky. They lived together in Edmonton in Marc's first year of med school. Their year of co-habitation consisted of many cheesy dinners (not bad ones, just ones with copious amounts of cheese!) and many annoying visits and phone calls from me. Aaron was living in Taiwan and Korea but is flying back to Canada and driving to Lethbridge with us next week. Hopefully we don't drive him nuts with our Canadian English!

Pastor Mike is obviously our pastor. We attend Heartland Fellowship and we love our little (but growing!) church. Marc has been mountain biking with Mike's son Levi several times and dangerously manouevered his long board down Chilliwack Mountain with his older son Matt.

Shareen is Marc's sister so of course my sister in law! Her and her new husband Craig live on the island. I met Shareen when she was 13! Wow that seems like a long time ago. We recently had a short but sweet visit with Shareen here in Chilliwack, and we hope to go to the island soon to see Craig too.

Stephen and Amber are friends from university. Although Marc did meet Stephen in highschool these two apparently did not like eachother. Their brazen, outgoing, personalities apparently were too much for the other to handle. Somehow they got over their differences spending evenings discussing solipsism and eschatology and playing saccer (yes that says saccer not soccer, long story, gross game) with Kevin. Now they can annoy Amber and I into the wee hours of the evening with their bantering. Speaking of Amber, we first met her in 2001 right before her and Stephen got married and sure enjoyed having these two in Vancouver our first year here!

Tyrn was also Marc's roomate in Edmonton. I first met Ty when he was dating our friend Josh's sister Havilah. We met Josh at the University of Lethbridge in our first year of university. Ty moved in with Marc and Aaron and Josh and is now marrying another friend of ours from university named Kelsey! Small world! Ty has a lot of funny stories, one I remember in particular involved silly putty getting stuck in his ear! hee hee

Shelley is my cyber friend! I have only met her a couple times in person (through our friend Chris) but like to read her blog alot. Shelley is a great commenter (I'm sure you think that's a great compliment Shelley!) and has since become cyber friends with Marc's sister Julie and Shareen and our friend Fraser.

Marc went to highschool with Jenessa. She was Shareen's (at what point do I stop putting the linky things in?) age so they were more friends than Marc and Jenessa. I remember that Marc put a kibosh on Jenessa and her mom's tanning competition one summer when he called it the "Cancer Competition." Do you remember that Jenessa? We met Julian at some point during university although I don't remember when because all the years blur together.

Michaelia has known Marc since he was an itty bitty boy. They have gone to school together since kindergarten (I think, well they don't go to school together now but up until grade 12!) I met Michaelia separate from Marc through my friend Jen, who lived down the street from Michaelia. Michaelia was instrumental in our dating life, as she accompanied Marc and I on our first "date" to play tennis. I had met Marc once before this and he phoned me to play doubles with his friends Michaelia and Rick. We went to the tennis courts by my house. After we played tennis we went to the Penny Coffee House for coffee (or maybe hot chocolate) and I forgot to phone my mother to tell her I would be late. When I got home I found out that she had phoned Marc's parents, Rick's parents, Michaelia's parents and sent my dad out to look for me! She didn't trust this new boy I was playing tennis with. Anyways I turned out to be fine (some might disagree with that!) and the rest as they say is history. I first met Jason in high school when he and Michaelia started dating. (They've been together for even longer than Marc and I have!) My most unnerving memory of Jason involves Settlers of Cataan and a pubic hair.

Apparently Marc met Katherine before I did, I did not know this until I was typing this. He met her at Pioneer Ranch Camps before she came to the U of L. I met Katherine at U of L when I was in my third year. Both Marc and I became good friends with her quickly and we soon found out we had another friend in common - Lisa! Lisa and Katherine met on Thetis Island. It's a small world!!

Last but not least for part one is Chris. Chris is Katherine's husband and we first met him when Chris and Katherine were dating. We played Cranium the first time we met and if I remember correctly Marc and Chris got a butt whooping! Chris and I also have crazy connections as a lot of his good friends are my brothers friends. I remember being at Katherine and Chris's wedding and feeling like I was at a party for my brother's friends. (I have no idea why one would have such a party but that's what it felt like.)

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, there's part one! I meant to do this all at once but we have a lot of links! Stay tuned. Here's to the creation of a meme!

I just realized I skipped Chris and the Wilsons! No worries you two, your time will come!

7 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Holy man, a lot of work went into that post eh?

Hmmm, I thought you KNEW knew Shelley. Well she's sure good at making cyber friends! =)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the fun present I found in my mail box today! I ate a bag of swedish berries (I know, I'm supposed to squish them with m&m's--I can't believe you remembered that) and now my stomach hurts, but it was worth it. I haven't read the book but I'm excited to dive in, I'll let you know how it is.

And I can't believe you've known me since I was a dorky, angst-wridden 13 year-old...that's over half my life! Yikes, that makes you officially old. :)

Jenessa Fowke said...

I don't remember the cancer competition thing. Don't worry though, now I'm all about the 30+spf.

michaelia and jason said...

What a great blog- so much work! I had forgotten about the tennis game. I feel honoured to have played a part in bringing you two together. As far as the memory of Jason, I'm going to ask him about the pubic hair/Settlers combo. I laughed so hard when I read that!

Katherine said...

Wow! I'm impressed. What a great idea. I might just steal it from you. I think I'll save it for the weeks after Christmas that I won't have any work because of final exams.

m+K said...

and a meme is born!

Lowell & Julie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE WYLIE!!!
See you soon:)