31.8.09

To Lethbridge and a bit beyond

I just got home from spending a week in Lethbridge visiting family and friends. (Unfortunately Marc was unable to join me, he was here bringing home the bacon.) We also spent the weekend in the Crowsnest Pass doing a hike and relaxing. I didn't take too many pictures at home but here is a sampling . . .
With my Grandpa

We hiked the incorrectly named "Trail of Seven Bridges" in the Pass. Apparently there were seven bridges to cross the river until last year when they were flooded out. My brother crossed the river on the logs but I am too unbalanced to do that so just put my sandals on and trudged through the streams. As they are glacier fed, they were beyond freezing (what state is that? sublimating?) and a couple of times I actually felt like throwing up. Yes I am a cold wimp, I live in BC!



The view after the last bridge

My momma and I


I also visited some old friends from university and had a great morning reminiscing.
Brad trying to look old and distinguished.
My last evening in Lethbridge I went out for dinner with my dad and brother and sister in law. Afterwards we played crib at Brad and Raquel's. This was my first time playing and although I enjoyed it, it was too much math for me!

Hope you are enjoying the dwindling days of summer, we sure are!

No comments: