30.1.10

The end of an era

While we are definitely ending the era of a childless household, we have also ended the era of perpetually wrinkled pants. I have written many times on this blog about my laundry woes (see #45) and my extreme hatred (no that is not too strong of a word) of it. Well that hatred has turned into a mild dislike or dare I say even partial LIKE after having purchased a new frontload washing machine and dryer.

I was skyping with Marc's mom back in November telling her that we were going to buy a new dishwasher soon as ours was on the fritz and she mentioned that we should also buy a new washer dryer at the same time. As I have lamented many a time on this blog we have an extremely small washing machine and a dryer that likes to tie things in knots. I suggested to Marc that we get a new washing machine and his initial reaction was that we have a perfectly good (okay maybe he didn't say perfectly, he was fully aware of how wrinkly his pants were for work) one right now. After Christmas when I did a load of laundry at my moms and showed him his straight from the dyer wrinkle free pants that are usually full of creases and folds, his mind was changed! Hallelujah! Goodbye wrinkle free pants, good bye small loads of laundry, good bye baskets of laundry sitting in the hall for days (well maybe not quite there yet) and hello laundry bliss!

The last load of wrinkly laundry done in our dryer, and no these pants were not tied in knots by us for added wrinkle effect.
And goodbye moustache! I don't think we have yet posted a picture of Marc's new look! He is moustache free but not yet facial hair free. He has what I will call "chin chops."
We ended up getting a great deal on a washer/dryer and dishwasher combo. We pulled out the washer dryer for installation and were greeted by this:
We quickly cleaned it up and our new beauties were put in. The only problem is they are a couple of inches too big for the closet because of the dryer vent at the back. Marc thinks he can cut a small hole in the wall to push the dryer vent into but I am happy to leave them like this if we have to.

Presenting our new babies, including the one in my belly!

9 comments:

Erin said...

ooooh, aaaaahhhhh
nice babies ;)

nolene said...

oh gorgeous babies! they're so pretty you could put them in the middle of your living room if you needed to! congrats!

Sparks said...

WHAT! No moustache??



oh... nice laundry maker.

Anonymous said...

Checking in from Miami AIRPort :)
We like the looks of those babies too. Laundry will really be so much easier to do now--even satisfying. Glad you saw the light Marc. You will have a much happier wife now--especially when that other baby enters this world and the laundry multiplies exponentially :)
TTYL
Love, Mum and Dad

shareen said...

haha, I like how Mum wrote AIRPort like Grandma G always did...funny.

Anyways, Kylie, you look SO beautiful. And of course, so do your new washer/dryer...you don't mind if I bring all my laundry to your house this weekend just so I can be mesmerized by the swishing of your beautiful machines, do you? I thought not. :)

Haley said...

Fellow laundry hater here- my life definitely got better with front loaders..you can just cram so many more clothes in (and my lovelies- explosive-poonamie-chronic-puking Coby, and toilet-training Finn haven't helped the laundry scene at Campbellville!)

Randi said...

they look lovely!

Katherine said...

I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of your new laundry setup. Maybe one day. I think ours still fall into the "perfectly good" category.
Love the pregnant look on you Kylie. I'm getting a good one too now. Let's make our babies be pen pals.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he decided to shave. From a female patient perspective, if my young, cute doctor strolled in sporting a moustache like that, I'd be inclined to post-pone the check-up! Hairless face = not creepy!
You look great Kylie! Good luck with everything! God bless you and your new little family! Can't wait to hear the news!
Blessings,
Kendra