21.1.07

A Girl and her dog


Marc and I are busy getting ready to go to Kenya - packing and paper work and such. I am not TOO overwhelmed yet with all that we have left to do. (I don't have a job for this very reason!) I am however a little overwhelmed about giving up Niko. Marc and I knew this when we got a dog that we would have to give him up and we knew it would be hard but we decided the pros far outweighed the cons. And of course they have so far. Until I have to give my puppy away. I am not ready for this. In fact I am tearing up now while I am typing this. I had never had a dog before and did not realize how happy having one would make me. He is such a great dog! He's also just getting to the dog stage - things are so easy right now with him and he is so much more of a companion now than something we have to look after. Oh my Niko I will miss you!

**(I should mention that we are getting Niko back when we come home, it just seems like a long time to be away from him.)

7 comments:

shareen said...

that's such a beautiful picture of you and niko! and once he stops jumping on me he is such a wonderful dog.

Mama Bear said...

Please tell me that when you guys return, you will get your beloved pooch back.
I can think of one household that would LOVE to take that poochy off your hands...whether temporary or permanent.
THIS HOUSE! :D

Lowell & Julie said...

Aw, precious Niko. How I long to go for a run with him, play with him, wear him out, snuggle with him, then have him lick the back of my neck when I'm in the hot tub. :)
I even miss Niko and I haven't spent countless hours over the past year with him (like you). I also REALLY miss Tessie. When I really think of her and look at pictures, I tear up too. Oh how I love dogs!!

Sparks said...

I'm looking forward to you guys coming to town! When you're settled and have some free time, give me a jingle jangle (that's code for email/phone call). Catch you soon!

Darrin and Lisa said...

Hi Marc and Kylie,
Oh, my heart goes out to you! We have four dogs (yes, four!) because we are such suckers for animals and can't seem to say no when offered one. (Please, no more offers!) I know what you mean about the joy they bring to your life. BTW, we have a new blog - www.sacred-heart.blogspot.com
Glad to see you are both doing great!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

A tough deal for sure. Look at it this way though. For Niko, what does seven months or so mean anyway? I mean, what kind of concept of time does Niko have? Once you get back he may just think you went out for bit and became really lost.
Hope all is going smoothly with your plans. I'll be sure to call before you go.

Ciao,
Jarrid

megan said...

Please tell me you'll be able to blog while you're in Kenya!