17.1.07

What's your guilty pleasure?

Marc and I decided to only stuff eachother's stockings for Christmas because we are buying a new laptop before we move to Kenya. (It arrived today, I'm sure you will be seeing pictures of it soon, I haven't opened it yet I am waiting until Marc gets home from work.) Anyways my main stocking present was the DOUBLE CD edition of the Monster Ballads collection. I have been having so much fun listening to this double set as I clean the house, drive the car, make dinner, you name it - I enjoy listening to this bad boy while I do it.

I am not sure what it is about Power Ballads but they massage some happy spot in my brain. Maybe it's the thought of extreme bad boys in love, maybe it's their hair that blows in the wind in their videos, the nice major chords the chorus usually involves, the curly bushy bangs (this is what I'm aspiring to right now) or the power guitar that is softened for these ballads but I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! I will leave you with some pictures of my fave (hee hee) bands on the CD because who can resist early 90's hair?





Okay, now the point of this post - this is my guilty pleasure, what's yours?

7 comments:

Sparks said...

what's happening with your iMac??

Mama Bear said...

I can't believe you just admitted on the internet that you actually LIKE these crazy-haired men/women.
Oh kylie, that was something you should've taken to the grave. You will now forever be made fun of by me.

m+K said...

Now now Shelley, I must clarify, I don't neccessarily like their look (although it is QUITE sexy!) ;) I just enjoy their cheesy music. Fraser, I am not sure if you think there is something wrong with our new computer due to the photos I just posted or if you were actually inquiring - our computer is sitting by our door right now waiting for us to open it. I'm sure it is great and you will see crazy warped pictures coming to a blog near you very soon. Kylie

Anonymous said...

Kylie, sorry but I couldn't resist commenting on your aspirations to do the bushy bang thing. All I'll say is "grade six" .
Love Mom/Cherri

Jenessa Fowke said...

um......that hair is scary, I can't even focus on telling you my own guilty pleasure.

Sparks said...

I'll ask again, what's happening with your iMac???

m+K said...

We're thinking about giving it to my mom so she can chat/e-mail us while we are away. K