7.2.07

Top Ten Things I love about moving

10. Not having to clean my house! Right now I don't really feel the need to do things like vacuum, mop, clean the bathrooms or all other things domestic because we are leaving next week and there really is NO need to mop the floor right now. It will just get dirty again. I took this a little to the extreme when we were moving from Edmonton. The summer before we had to leave (so one FULL year) I was thinking about organizing our closets but after thinking about it I decided that there really was no point because we were moving in a year and then I would just take everything out. So having a dirty house now is nothing compared to having messy closets for a whole year!

9. We get to visit with a lot of our friends! We have been having lots of wonderful goodbye dinners and great visiting with friends and family. Here are some pictures from one of our goodbye dinners last week:


8. Purging. Moving always makes us get rid of junk we have collected over the past couple of years. I went through my teaching stuff today and did a big purge. We have also thrown out/given out a lot of stuff we have not used in the past two years. I'm not sure what we will do when we settle somewhere since it takes a deadline for my to get my act together. Maybe as I mature goal setting and self discipline will become more important. ;)

7. Shareen and Craig come to visit us! We had a few snafu's after trying to get out to Victoria to see them (things like the volvo dying and work scheduling problems) so they were kind enough to come to us. We spent a great day with Shareen walking on Jericho and Wreck Beach. Thankfully there were no nudies on Wreck Beach because Niko does like to sniff. ;) I wanted to share this picture from Wreck Beach with you all. The purples and the pinks in the sky did not appear so brilliantly until the picture was taken but you can see a definite pinky hue in the picture. So pretty!

6. Spending time with Niko before we go. (Remember this is things I LOVE about moving so I must put a positive spin on it!)
5. I get to do really long posts like this one because I am a procrastinator and I really should be packing up some odds and ends but instead I am telling you how I LOOOOOOVE moving. I must just llloooooove moving instead of LOOOOOOOOOOVING it.

4. Everyone wants to help! We have lots of friends coming over to help us move our stuff next week. I'm sure they are coming to help us out and not just for the pizza and beer I offered them after.

3. Lots of baking. I am trying to get rid of all the food in our cupboard so I am trying new recipes. Tonight we had pot stickers for dinner. I have been very reluctant to try them but they were excellent. I also used all of our icing sugar, chocolate chips and peanut butter to make these Reese Peanut Butter Bars.

2. A new camera. We did not get a new camera because we are moving but we did get one around the time we are moving so this counts. Like I mentioned several times in the past couple of months, we have been without our camera for 14 weeks. 14 very long weeks! (That is another post though.) The company decided they could not fix our camera so we picked out a new one yesterday. We picked this one and are very happy with it. Here is some evidence:


I especially like this one!

And the number one thing that I love about moving is . . .
1. That we are not actually moving! We have found some renters who are willing to be very flexible. We are going to Kenya still of course but our renters need furniture so we are able to leave a lot of our stuff here. We are so happy about this because it cuts down A LOT on the amount of packing we have to do. They are also willing to be flexible about a move out date since we don't know when we are coming back. We are so thankful that we found someone!

That ends my post. I'm going to eat a peanut butter bar. mmmmmmm

1 comment:

Lowell & Julie said...

I loved Marc's Vovlvo obituary. I enjoyed reading it again (so much so that I linked it on my blog).

On a different note, Clyn and I haven't discussed that date yet, but I'd love to see you guys on that Saturday in February. If Clyn can't come at least Lowell will come with me. =)

Can I have a peanut butter bar?