27.3.07

Little Snippets

•We now have a bed! When we first got here the bed they had put in our room was a single bed. We tried to sleep on it for two nights but did not enjoy the “closeness.” We have been married for 6 years ;) and definitely like our own space. We resorted to putting two matresses on the floor and liked that much more. Here is our new bed that came on the weekend and Marc put together last night. (After quite the Scavenger hunt for nuts and bolts we ended up taking them from the old bed so we have to remember to put them back before we have guests, i.e. my mom, otherwise she might be in for a fun sleep!)



•Speaking of definitely I just learned how to spell it correctly. I always thought it was definately but in an e-mail I sent the other day it kept underlining it so I had to figure it out for myself. No right clicking in gmail.

•I really miss Subway sandwiches. I really don’t eat them that often in Canada but since this weekend I have had quite the craving for an Italian BMT. Mmmm

•We went for a walk down to the river the other day and there was a little girl who we could see on the bridge from where we were sitting. She kept watching us but as soon as we would wave she would turn and run. We were very surprised when she came down to say hello. We had a very short conversation with her and her sister in broken Swahili.
•As you can see the kids here are so cute. Today when I was walking home a group of about four five year olds saw me coming and all of a sudden were all laying down about five feet apart from eachother on the path I was walking on. As I walked by they all stuck their hand up and said, “Habari?” (How are you?) It was so amusing, I have no idea how they all managed to get the idea together so quickly. I tickled the last little boy and he let out the biggest laugh.

•I must apologize to all of you whose blogs we used to comment on. We have signed up for bloglines and are unable to comment on the program. Any ideas?

•Lastly, I hear that Joanna is having an ugly picture contest so I thought I would add ours. Marc doesn’t know I added his but I couldn’t add mine without showing one of him. Hee hee. Enjoy!

**I must admit that Marc's picture is much less ugly than mine and in fact a bit more silly. Sadly there are a multitude of ugly pictures of me and just not that many of Marc. I will attribute it to the fact that he takes the majority of the pictures!

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

HA! I like the ugly pictures.
Must be nice having a bed now instead of sleeping on the floor.

Anonymous said...

Wow, snazzy bed! Dis you take that quilt along? I also like the wall hanging. Looking cozy :)
Mum

Joanna said...

hehe - nice ugly photos, and I do agree, yours is especially good Kylie! Thanks for the tip on "definitely", I've always spelled it with an "a" too, in fact, just yesterday on my blog I wrote it in CAPS incorrectly! gasp!

Anonymous said...

Hullo - so I think in gmail there is a spell checking button on the right above where you write the email. I could be wrong - but I am pretty sure. Must be nice to have your big bed now - I've heard about Marc's showering schedule....