22.3.07

Update from the Bug Killer!

Marc has been hogging this blog lately posting embarrassing videos of me so I feel that I need to redeem myself with a post. I must say that even though you cannot SEE the bug that I am trying to kill let me assure you it was VERY gross. I do not know that technical name of these bugs but I call them “wormy ugly things.” They have a body like a worm with wings and they fly around like they are having a seizure. I took a picture of one when it landed.
It is large but not as large as the moth that landed on our window last night. Yes that is Marc’s hand and yes it is stretched out. Thank goodness it was not inside. I would be doing a lot more than squealing.

I have been involved in quite the variety of projects here. In fact yesterday I was even busier than Marc! I started the morning out playing parachute games at the local primary school then went to the hospital and started to organize the secretary’s office. (A very large job!) After lunch I headed to one of the other doctor’s houses and gave his daughter a piano lesson. I have not taught piano in at least five years and felt a bit leery that I would not remember how to do it (where is Middle C again?) but as soon as I started it came very naturally. It was on a small keyboard and all the music was printed off from the internet but she was a very eager learner and I quite enjoyed myself.

In the last bit of news we had a great video (yes that’s right I said video) chat with our friend Fraser last night. We have been having a lot of internet problems here this week so we did not think chatting (let along video chatting) would work. We gave him a tour of our house and had a great time reconnecting.

I will leave you with a picture of the beautiful rainbow that we saw out our backdoor yesterday. (This one also shows our worn brick patio where we have been enjoying coffee in the morning.) Have a great day everyone, keep the comments and the e-mails coming, we love them!

6 comments:

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

this last pic totally redeems nature and the gross bugs'n such that enter your house or outside that window. i don't know how you manage...i would be more than squealing. i'm glad to hear that you are keeping busy. all that time resting and baking pies has past and now your stored energy has you hard at work.
ps. i'm upset we didn't get pie from the airport when i visited you last, my sister and i might make a special trip or "fly". miss you two!

Heidi said...

Beautiful picture (the rainbow, not the bug!) I want to come and visit you! Enjoy your lovely house, it looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

That moth looks HUGE! (Icky ,icky)Hard to believe that ugly bug flies around in that glorious scenery outside your window. It looks so lush. Can hardly wait to experience it,(but not the bugs)
Love Mom/Cherri

shareen said...

that moth is huge and would warrant the bugkiller video craziness. :) Your view is amazing! It's hard to believe sometimes that those views really exist and people just don't make them up for calendars.

Anonymous said...

ok - Kylie, you are totally excused from squealing....I met the same bugs in Ethiopia a few years - their erratic behaviour is enough to make anyone squeal - I'm sure Marc was doing his fair share of squealing. ;)

Anonymous said...

AGO - a few years AGO. Too much studying...